I saw this posted on Susanne Valenti‘s blog the other day and, as a Harry Potter fan, I thought I’d take a shot at answering the questions myself. So here goes! And if you’re a Harry Potter fan and want to have a go at it yourself, you’re more than welcome to 🙂
1. Favourite Book?
Hard to say. They’re all great. But I’d probably say – and I know a lot of you may think it crazy – but I kinda liked Order of the Phoenix. Yes, I know Harry seemed to act a bit of a git in that one and with what happened with Sirius and all, but for some reason what all happened at Hogwarts (Umbridge and all) seemed to appeal to me. I’m not really sure why. But I rather liked how they stood up to Umbridge and everything. Prisoner of Azkaban and Chamber of Secrets would be my next favorites.
2. Least favourite book?
Probably Half-blood Prince. I didn’t like Slughorn all that much, with how he “collected” students and all. And Lavender and her “Won-Won” all the time got on my nerves.
3. Favourite movie?
Deathly Hallows (both parts). I think they were done very well, given everything that had to be covered. Part 2 in particular I thought was done quite well (though I wish they had kept Harry using the Elder wand to repair his broken wand).
4. Least favourite movie?
Half-blood Prince. Just too much was changed or left out for my taste. I didn’t care much for the scene in the Room of Requirement with Harry and Ginny when they go to hide the potions book. And the scene with the fire at The Burrow and the chase through the field? What the heck?
5. Favourite quote?
There are just so many great quotes, especially from Dumbledore. Like “Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” and “It matters not what someone is born but what he grows to be.” and “It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities.”
6. Favourite Weasley?
Fred and George. I assume no explanation is needed for picking the fun-loving pranksters who manage to chase Umbridge out of Hogwarts with their fireworks and can even give Peeves a run for his money.
7. Favourite female character?
Hermione. Sensible, book-smart, has a cat, and punches Malfoy. What’s not to like about her?
8. Favourite villain?
Bellatrix. She’s just so deliciously mad and evil.
9. Favourite male character?
10. Favourite professor?
McGonnagal. She acts tough, but she obviously cares about the students and the school. She has no problem taking charge at the start of the Battle of Hogwarts. And she can turn into a cat!
11. Would you rather a) wash Snape’s hair or b) spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself?
Listen to Lockhart. At least I’d be fairly certain of getting a few laughs. I’m not touching Snape’s greasy hair with a ten-foot pole!
12. Would you rather duel a) an elated Bellatrix or b) an angry Molly?
An angry Molly. She might be angry at me, but unless I did something really, really bad, I’m pretty sure I’ll at least live through the duel.
13. Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via the Hogwarts Express or flying car?
The flying car might be fun for a lark, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have snack trolly.
14. Would you rather kiss Voldemort or give Umbridge a bubble bath?
Hmm. Well, as The Doctor said, “Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose.” So I guess I’d rather give Umbridge a bubble bath – and find some way to make it as unpleasant an experience for her as I can.
15. Would you rather ride a Hippogriff or a Firebolt?
Hippogriff. I don’t think broomsticks are all that comfortable.
16. Is there any character that you felt differently about in the movies?
Not really, though I do think Molly seemed a little over-acted.
17. Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
Not really. I love them both. But naturally, I tend to prefer the books.
18. Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
I love them both, but as soon as I saw Michael Gambon as Dumbledore, I thought he was more how I pictured Dumbledore in the books.
19. Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most?
The Sphinx in the Goble of Fire maze! And Harry repairing his wand at the end! And Dumbledore’s funeral! And Peeves! I miss seeing Peeves!
20. If you could remake any of the movies which would it be?
Half-blood Prince, to put in some of the things they left out (like Dumbledore’s funeral) and get rid of that stupid scene at The Burrow.
21. Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
22. Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?
Hufflepuff. Which I suppose makes sense.
23. Which class would be your favourite?
DADA (Defense Against the Dark Arts) or Transfiguration
24. Which spell do you think would be the most useful to learn?
As someone who wears glasses, I’d like to learn Reparo or that spell Hermione used to keep the rain off Harry’s glasses. Accio also seems fairly useful.
25. Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?
As a fellow bookworm, probably Hermione
26. If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
The Invisibility Cloak. That would be so useful!
27. Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
I’d like to know more about what happened to some of the characters during the Battle. Like Lupin and Tonks – what exactly happened during their fights?
28. Favourite Marauder?
Sirius. He seems like he would’ve been a fun guy to hang with. And he can turn into a dog!
29. If you could bring one character back to life, who would it be?
Sirius. I wish he could’ve had more time to be a more proper godfather to Harry.
30. Hallows or Horcruxes?
Hallows, of course. I really don’t see myself tearing my soul into pieces and disfiguring myself. No nose? I don’t think so.